The WXC-50 is a new-concept audio component that goes beyond conventional audio thinking. It let you access a wide variety of audio content such as
music from streaming services or stored on a smartphone, and enjoy high quality sound and style thanks to the ability to network with Yamaha’s exclusive MusicCast multi-room audio system. High
functionality and performance bring you musical enjoyment just the way you want it.
The WXC-50 is compatible with all types of music sources and services, such as streaming services. Provided with various types of terminals for connecting a TV, CD
player, computer and other AV equipment, you’ll be able to enjoy music from around the world throughout your home from just one component.
The simple design creates a stylish musical space and integrates beautifully with your audio system. With a high quality metal body and cool two-tone colouring,
Yamaha’s fastidiousness extends to the exterior, for a completely enjoyable listening experience.
Only 214 mm (8-3/8") wide, the compact body fits neatly in any space without drawing attention to itself. You can chose any convenient location, placing it
horizontally or vertically, on its own or with other audio components.
Connect the WXC-50 to a Yamaha amplifier equipped with MAIN IN and Trigger In terminals and you can use it to control system power and volume. Using the WXC-50’s
remote control or app makes system operation more convenient.
Thanks to Yamaha’s superior sound processing technologies, you’ll enjoy great sound from all your music sources — no matter what their quality, or your listening
environment, or the kind of speakers you’re using. When listening to audio from smartphones or other compressed sources, the Compressed Music Enhancer greatly improves the sound at all frequency
levels. Volume-adaptive EQ automatically adjusts the bass / treble balance according to the volume level. Advanced Bass Extension provides a deeper, richer low-end sound — it’s great for compact or
in-wall speakers. And a Direct Mode allows you to play back high-resolution audio sources just as they are without any processing.
The WXC-50 reaps the benefits of Yamaha’s advanced audio technologies and circuit designs. The preamp circuitry, for example, minimises digital jitter and uses the
same high performance ESS DAC that is found in high-end AV receivers. Yamaha’s proprietary power supply ground configuration, called DAC on Pure Ground, ensures that the power supply will never
negatively affect sound quality. The 48-bit digital volume control provides much greater precision and quality that conventional digital or analogue controls. In addition, a highly rigid, metal
chassis supplies the stability necessary for powerful, clear music reproduction.
The WXC-50 supports a wide range of high resolution formats, including DSD 5.6 MHz, FLAC and WAV, AIFF 192 kHz / 24-bit, and ALAC (Apple Lossless) 96 kHz / 24-bit for
iTunes. Whether from a music download site or from music streaming services, you can enjoy the full benefits of high resolution sound sources, for a feeling like you’re right inside a concert
If you want to adjust the volume from the Hi-Fi amp or AV receiver, the WXC-50 allows you to turn off PRE AMP mode and use the device as a simple network audio player.
Switching to Player mode bypasses the volume and any processing for direct playback of high-resolution audio.
- Use with non-MusicCast amp or receiver to enjoy streaming music or a true MusicCast system
- Compatible with all types of music sources and services, such as streaming services
- MusicCast App for easy operation. The app lets you control other MusicCast-compatible components
- One push play — Pressing any button turns the unit on and initiates playback of the previously selected source
- Retro modern and superior quality
- 48-bit digital volume control is far greater than the input signal bit resolution, achieving high quality control
- Supports DSD 5.6 MHz and FLAC / WAV / AIFF 192 kHz / 24-bit for high resolution reproduction
- Compact body only 214 mm (8-3/8") wide fits in any convenient location, can be used horizontally or vertically.
- Easy installation - Suitable size for 1U rack with a width of 214 mm (8-3/8") and height of 42 mm (1-5/8") (without feet).
- Low standby power consumption: 1.8 W
- Seamless linkage to Yamaha amp with MAIN IN and Trigger In terminals for control of system power and volume.
- Player mode — turn off Pre Amp mode and use the device as a simple network audio player