MANHATTAN PLASA HD-S FREESAT
The easiest way to hundreds of channels, free HD and On Demand TV, all
For access to over 150 Freesat channels simply connect the Plaza HD-S to a suitable
dish (an existing Sky dish can be used) and follow the on-screen setup
instructions. Changes to the Freesat channel line-up are automatically detected
and the Plaza HD-S even keeps itself up-to-date by automatically downloading
software updates when available.
Connect by HDMI to a suitable TV and enjoy free HD channels with cinema-quality Dolby Digital + sound (when broadcast). Even standard channels look fantastic thanks to advanced up-conversion to HD.
On Demand TV* including BBC iPlayer means that even if you do miss a programme, you can catch-up with the best of the week's TV, at a time that suits you.
Freesat comes with an 8-day Programme Guide so you can plan your viewing a week ahead. The powerful reminder and timer functionality allows you to easily set the Plaza HD-S to turn itself off or on at any time to any channel or programme of your choosing.
If over 150 Freesat channels are not enough the Plaza HD-S can automatically add hundreds more non-Freesat† channels. And for true power viewing, the Plaza HD-S makes it easy to create and use up to eight favourites lists that are always accessible by a dedicated button on the remote.
For perfect picture and sound make a direct digital connection to your HDTV using HDMI (cable supplied) or use the digital optical audio output to connect to an external sound system. If necessary, you can connect to older, non-HD equipment using the SCART outputs. The Ethernet port connects the Plaza HD-S to your network for On Demand TV and there's a USB port for offline updates.
The Plaza HD-S will even help save you money due to its extremely low power consumption (less than 1W in standby) and comes recommended by the Energy Saving Trust.
What Satellite & Digital TV issue #305 awarded the Plaza HD-S 10/10 for Value and 9/10 for Performance, Navigation and Setup, stating in its verdict: "The Plaza HD-S is an
extremely capable Freesat HD receiver. The simple switching between Freesat and non-Freesat channel lists and the inclusion of both types of channel in the
favourites makes this receiver a good choice for anyone wanting everything that
28’E has to offer.
Its reception performance is excellent and it will even find enthusiast friends. That it’s probably the cheapest Freesat HD receiver around as well makes choosing the HD-S a no-brainer."
* The Plaza HD-S must be connected via Ethernet to a minimum actual broadband speed of 2Mbps for On Demand TV services.
† Non-Freesat channels such as Sky News are not listed in the Programme Guide. Only information about the current and following programmes is available via the channel banner after changing to a non-Freesat channel.
- HDMI resolutions: 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Upscaling of standard definition programmes to HD
- Dolby Digital+
- On Demand TV with BBC iPlayer
- 8-day Programme Guide with Reminders
- Timer, Auto Turn On & Auto Turn Off functionality
- Auto scan of freesat & non-freesat channels
- 8 favourites lists that can combine freesat & non-freesat channels
- Energy Saving Trust recommended with under 1W consumption in standby
- Audio Description capable
- Concealed front panel buttons
- Easy-to-use Remote Control
- HDMI cable
- Connections: HDMI, Optical Audio, USB, Twin SCART & Ethernet
- Dimensions: W258mm, D175mm, H44mm
- Weight: 792g